- Your Government
- Crime Prevention
- Home Security
Home Security Tips
Roseville Police remind you to take time to consider your home security needs.
- Add adequate lighting on all sides of your home and garage. Consider installing dusk to dawn lighting on the front of your home and motions lights in the back and on the garage.
- Check the identification of anyone coming to do work on your home. Anyone who works for the city of Roseville carries proper identification.
- Consider placement of storage sheds; they may allow access to second story windows.
- If you are going out of town, whether for the weekend or the winter, make your house look lived in. Have a trusted friend rake leaves or shovel snow, and put lights on timers that go on at different times.
- If you have a security system, use it, even while you are home.
- If you see anything suspicious in your neighborhood, immediately call 911.
- Install locks on all doors and windows.
- Trim trees and shrubs that could hide a burglar breaking into your home or garage.
- Make sure that your address is clearly visible to fire, police and emergency vehicles. Numbers must be at least four inches in size and on your home, not your mailbox.
- Remove yard items such as ladders, chairs or trellises that could be used to climb to upper story windows.